RelationTips – Week 1
- What do you look for in a friend?
- What characteristics or strengths did you get from your father?
- What about from your mother?
- What family event or experience stands out as an example of your family at your closest?
Read 1 John 4: 7-21
- What is this love that John mentions 32 times in this chapter?
- How does this message that “God is Love” (v.8 & 16) relate to the other main teaching that “God is Light” in 1 John 1:5
- How is God’s love expressed through Jesus?
- What about through other people?
- How is such love suppressed through fear?
- What about through hatred?
- How is such love made complete?
- What experience have you had where love cast out fear?
- Or where fear cast out love?
- Where do you have the greatest trouble loving people?
- Home? Church? Work?
- This week ask God to show you who most desperately needs love from you right now.
- Make a list of ways to act for their well being.
- Do something from your list this week and report back to the group next week.