4 Things Jesus Did to Change the World – Week 2
- Where are you in your relationship with Jesus?
- Are you seeking, new in your faith, or have you been a Christian for awhile?
- When did Jesus become real to you?
- From this week’s sermon, what was new, stood out, or challenged you?
- Why is the church not growing in the US?
“Yale historian Jaroslav Pelikan wrote, “Regardless of what anyone may personally think or believe about him, Jesus of Nazareth has been the dominant figure in the history of Western Culture for almost twenty centuries.”
- So what did He actually do that caused such significance?
Read aloud John 1:1-14
- What point in time begins the gospel story? Why then and there?
- What identifies “the Word” (v. 1-5, 10-18)?
- How is Jesus God’s final word?
- How is Jesus like “light”?
- Who witnesses the light (v.6-8)?
- Who or what fails to comprehend the light (v. 5, 10, 11)
- How does one become a child of God?
- Define each pregnant phrase in verses 12-13.
- What truths about Jesus would strike those who believe “God” would never mix with humanity?
- In your own life, where have you allowed Jesus to make his “dwelling place” with you?