4 Things Jesus Did to Change the World – Week 3
- What do you remember about Christmas when you were a kid? What traditions do you carry on from your childhood?
- What new traditions do you celebrate?
- Inlight of this week’s sermon, what was new information, stood out, or challenged you?
Read aloud Luke 2:1-20
- What do these historical, political and geographical details mean here?
- How would a very pregnant lady survive this trip?
- Where does Mary give birth?
- Why such a humble birth place? (See Micah 5:2)
- What does this story say about God’s control of political affairs and “closed doors”
None of the Empires in all their power, opulence, self importance have come close to the impact of a man named Jesus. A man who never ruled, conquered, or spent time with royalty. A man who never traveled from the land where he was raised. He owned no property.
- How is it that He had such a huge impact on the world today?
Authentic, genuine unconditional love changes things. Until Jesus came, this type of love was not known.
- What is the meaning of Agape love?
- Why is it that love has the power to change people?
- How have you seen love change people?
- Can you share an example of how love changed you?
- Give an example of a way Jesus’ agape love changed the world?
- How will you express genuine Jesus agape love this Christmas?