Where is Your Life Going – Week 1
- What is something you can do better than anybody else you know?
Read aloud Romans 15:13
- What is God’s offer of hope?
- In what way does He empower your life?
Read aloud 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
- What race is Paul referring to?
- How ought we run the race?
- What is required to run well?
- What is the prize we are running for?
Read aloud Psalm 25:8-10
- What do these verses say about the nature of God?
Read aloud Jeremiah 6:16
- What is the promise in this verse?
- In relation to these verses and to this week’s message, what is new information, stands out, or challenges you?
Read aloud 1 John 2:15-17
- What are the three main sin categories? (hint: they rhyme with funny, hex, and flower)
- What is deconstructionism and how has it impacted our postmodern world?
Read aloud Joshua 1:8-9
- According to these verses, what is the course for success?
- Who does our confidence come from?
Do you want God’s offer of hope? Do you want God’s offer of empowering your life with His Holy Spirit?
This is a great time of year to stop and reflect on where we are going in our lives.
- What do you hope to accomplish in your spiritual life this year?
Here are some steps to consider:
- Stop waffling on Jesus – Figure out who Jesus is. Examine what you believe about Him. Either follow Him or disown Him; being lukewarm is folly.
- Settle Your Identity – Decide where you get your identity; in yourself, your family, your achievements or in Jesus.
- Come back/attend church regularly or watch online – next week and January 19 to finish this series with Pastor Doug and Harvey.
- Develop 1% Habits: Courageously make tiny changes … that will yield remarkable results.
- Share your next step with your group.
- Check in next week. Commit to holding each other accountable.