Bootcamp Family Challenge – Week 1
The goal of this series is to help you strengthen your family. We will look to what the Bible teaches about family and how it applies to your life. To some degree, every family is like a team. Your team has more impact on your life than you can imagine.
- Growing up what was your family like?
- How is your family doing now?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Philippians 3:12-14
- What is Paul’s goal?
- How does the S curve illustration relate to this verse?
- Why is it important to continue to reinvent yourself?
The Boot Camp challenge is about finding your new “S” curve! Each week will issue a new challenge. Each challenge is designed to build, strengthen and grow your family.
Challenge #1 – Develop and define your family mission.
Read aloud Proverbs 29:17-18
Discipline comes from the Hebrew word: “Yawsar” which means to train or correct.
- Why is it loving to train, correct, and lead your children?
Revelation comes from the Hebrew word: “Khawzone” it denotes vision. You’re capacity to see where you are going and should go.
- Why is it important to have a vision for your family?
- Is it possible to course correct, train, and discipline without a vision for your family?
- Why or why not?
- What would the result be?
Your family is going somewhere. Do you know where?
- How do you see culture influencing your family?
- How do you plan to accomplish your family mission statement?
- Day, time, etc.?
- Will you share with your group next week?