The Best Way to Live Your One and Only Life – Week 2
- Have you had moments during the Pandemic that have temporarily weakened your hope or faith?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Psalm 13:1-6
- What happened when David expressed his feelings to God?
- Have you felt impatient with God during this pandemic?
- What did you do?
- How has your hope been restored?
Review from last week:
- You have a soul and your soul longs for something.
- Jesus has an answer for every longing of your soul.
Main Point for this week: Your soul must be renewed in order to be satisfied.
- “The curse of our society is superficiality.” Richard Foster it is easy to be superficial in an affluent society.
- The global pandemic is showing us we can’t cover up the emptiness, or the longing, of our souls by being busy and making money and hanging with friends and watching sports and pursuing more adventures.
- Discuss in your group personal examples, stories, and/or thoughts related to these claims.
Read aloud Psalm 40: 6-8
- What are the ways in which our souls can not be healed?
- Jesus came to heal the soul, is it possible to heal your soul on your own or through your own efforts? Why or why not?
Read aloud Ephesians 2:8-9
- How is our soul renewed?
Read aloud Hebrews 11:6
- What is required to heal our soul?
- In your experience, why do you think hope is so critical to living a full life?
- If hope is so critical to living a full life, what things in life wound or starve the soul?
- What impact does it have on your perception of Jesus when you see how the people who follow Him impacted the world we live in today?