The Rescue – Week 1
Rescued from what?
- Welcome to the beginning of Holy Week. What are some of your traditions?
- What is your favorite way to describe the King of kings?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud John 3:17
- Why is this passage significant?
Palm Sunday is a celebration of Jesus as King.
Read aloud John 12:12-15
- Why were people reacting this way (verses 12&13) to Jesus entering the city?
- What was significant about Him riding in on a donkey?
- What did the donkey signify?
- Why was this a disappointment to some?
- What did the citizens believe about why He came?
- What did the disciples believe about why He came?
- What do you believe Jesus came to save you from?
- Why do we need a rescuer?
- Remember when you became a follower of Jesus (maybe you are thinking about it now). What helped you realize why Jesus died on the cross for you?
- Consider for a moment that Jesus, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, came to earth so you could be free and made whole. How does this impact your sense of value to God? What value does this give your children?
- Confidence is key to successful living. Now that you know Jesus, the King of Kings, came to redeem you, set you free, and make you complete, affect your confidence to live life successfully?