The Best Way to Live Your One and Only Life – Week 3
- If Jesus was not your treasure, what would be? In other words, what are you tempted to put before Jesus?
- When the pandemic hit, what were the things you were most concerned about? Share it even if you think it was silly.
- How do you feel about those things now?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Matthew 6: 19-34
- In what ways do values (treasures) dictate a person’s life? (v.19-21)
- In other words, how do the things people focus on shape and form what they value in their soul?
- What alternatives, does Jesus propose with respect to treasures, (v.19-21)
- Bodily conditions? (v. 22-23)
- Masters? (v. 24)
- What would be valuable in heaven that isn’t valuable here?
- What is the link between treasure and heart? Heart and eye? Eye and body? Body and master? Master and money? How is that cycle broken?
- How has this pandemic helped us discover, as a society, what we value?
- What’s been good?
- What’s not good?
- How has the media culture affected your view of treasure?
- Learning to trust the Lord, even in times of great stress, is a result of feeding your soul the right values. What values would you like to work on over the summer?
- What’s your first step in feeding your soul those values?