The Best Way to Live Your One and Only Life – Week 4
- If you could pick one or two words that best describe your mom, what would they be?
- When you think about life, what is most important? In other words, what do you think is important to honor?
- You have a soul, it longs for something.
- Your soul needs to be renewed. Jesus came to renew your soul.
- Renewed souls have new values. This is the best way to live.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Some believe Mother’s day is about honoring biology – the ability to give birth. Some believe it is about being female.
- What if it is about something else? Something our society has lost? Or forgotten?
- What do you think?
Many modern day movements designed to empower women denigrate Christianity. They call the Christian belief system, and its core values, oppressive to women.
- Why do you think that is?
- Do you agree or disagree?
- Why or why not?
- What has Christianity done to elevate the position of women in society?
- Give examples.
Read aloud: Proverbs 31:10-31
- What characteristics stand out to you?
- What is she committed to?
- What do you notice about her communication (v.26)?
- Where else (besides home) does she put her efforts (v.20)?
- What characteristic of a Proverbs 31 woman is not generally appreciated today?
- What is the greatest hindrance to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman?
- What is the greatest motivation to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman?
- What could you do this week to become more like the person God wants you to be (female or male)?