The Best Way to Live Your One and Only Life – Week 6
- Do you have a life mission statement or verse? If so, share with the group.
Main Point: This is the final message on the Best Way to Live. It’s all about Freedom.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Take turns reading aloud the following verses:
- 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Galatians 5:1
- Ephesians 3:12
- James 2:12
- 1 Peter 2:16
In reading these verses, what impact do they have on your concept of Spiritual Freedom?
We find freedom in Christ, not freedom in ourselves, in the world, or in a religion.
The Power of freedom in your life:
- Releases you from the past.
- Heals your soul Healing of the soul.
- Gives you the capacity to become what your new identity in Christ says you are.
- Brings Joy.
What else would you add to the list?
Things that steal our freedom and hurt our renewed soul:
- Bitterness – Read the following:
- Hebrews 12:14-15
- James 3:13-14
- Matthew 6:15
- In what ways has bitterness trapped you?
- Legalism – Read the following:
- Acts 15:1
- Acts 15:5
- Acts 15:19
- How does legalism steal freedom?
- Compromise, apathy, laziness, gluttony (hating discipline) – Read the following:
- Galatians 1:6-7
- Pastor Doug noted: Paul is writing about the Jews who were demanding circumcision in Acts 15. Today our challenge is different. It’s the belief that we do nothing, we have no participation in our faith or spiritual growth.
- The message of some churches today is that every is a mess, so lets just be a mess together.
- Empathy is a good place to start, but compassion without truth is manipulation.
- Sexual Immorality – Read the following:
- 1 Corinthians 6:13
- 1 Corinthians 6:18
- Our sexual drive is the most powerful drive. It’s like electricity, it either powers everything or it fries you.
- Satan knows this. How does he use this to deceive us?
How to remain free:
Connect to your mission in life. Your mission in life is directly linked to your renewed soul, and your freedom in Christ.
When you are on mission, you:
- Stay focused on what God is doing, not what others aren’t doing.
- Keeps you from pitfalls.
- Gives you more strength.
- Increases your confidence.
- Creates courage.
- What else would you add?
- Share about the steps that you have gone through in the process of soul renewal.
- What step are you on?
- What is the next step you would like to take?
- Why is it important to be aware of the things that steal your freedom in Christ?
- What friends or family members do you think could use a study on finding the best way to live?
- How can you share it with them?