FH Strong – Week 1
- What is your all time favorite movie?
Main Point: By pushing you to Jesus, the author and perfector of your faith, you will not only find the answers you seek, but you will learn how to grow strong.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud John 16:31-33
The first step in growing strong is to realize what God is doing in you instead of what the world is doing to you.
- What do you learn from verse 33 about Jesus’ mission and its effect for us?
- How have you seen this in your life?
- How do you deal with change?
- How has pain helped you grow up?
- From your experience, how could you comfort someone going through change?
- What does it mean to take heart?
- How do you take heart?
- How have you learned to be strong when you’ve had no strength left?
Read aloud Acts 3:16
- How was the man in this story made strong?
- It is often in the midst of our greatest adversity, our greatest challenge, our greatest suffering, where we discover the power of Jesus. Why?
Read aloud 2 Corinthians 12:10
- How have you seen God work in and through you during a time of weakness?
- What will you do to develop trust in God during times of weakness?
- What does the author mean when he says, “when I am weak, then I am strong?”
We are called to grow strung, be made strong, build strength, develop strength and be strong.
How will you pursue strength in the Lord this week?