FH Strong – Week 2
- If you had to compare your strong point and weak point in terms of bones, what would be your strongest bone and weakest bone?
- Crazy bone
- Ham bone
- Neck bone
- Back bone
- Wish bone
Main Point: Choose courage. In order to choose courage, you need to know what it is and how it works, so that you can find your courage and step into it.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
In the midst of turmoil there are basically two groups of people:
- Overwhelmed: Those who succumb to the way of the situation.
- Overcomer: those who grow stronger, wiser, and make a positive impact on the world around them due to their wisdom, decision-making, and faith.
- What category do you identify most with?
- Why? Can you share an example of something, or some situation in which you have overcome?
Read aloud Matthew 14:22-32
- Why did Jesus dismiss the disciples?
- Why did Jesus want to pray alone?
- What happened out on the lake to rock the disciples boat?
- Why did it stir up their fear?
- How did it encourage their faith?
- What do Peter’s actions reveal about his character?
- Why do you think Jesus told Peter to come?
- What do we learn about Jesus’ hopes for us in this passage?
- When did Peter begin to sink?
- Why then and not earlier?
- What do the disciples conclude about Jesus as a result of this faith stretching experience?
Re read last weeks passage John 16:33
- How do the two passages relate?
- When it comes to risking, how would you describe yourself?
- If you had been Peter, how would you have responded if Jesus invited you to “come”?
- Where do you feel that God is inviting you to “get out of the boat” right now?
- If God could help me deal with this situation, what would he do?
- How can your group help you?