FH Strong – Week 3
- What is the most out of character thing you have ever done?
- Why was it so out of character for you?
- How do you get stronger? By growing your character.
- What is character? Doing what is right regardless of the consequences.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Hebrews 12:4-13
- What are the practical ways in which Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, strengthens your character?
- What is character made up of?
- Where do your core convictions come from?
- What influences core convictions?
- What does hardship demonstrate about a person’s relationship to God?
- Why do convictions develop through challenges?
- Why are convictions sharpened when God disciplines us?
- How should a person respond to God when disciplined?
- How does Christ’s discipline differ from human discipline?
- What benefit does discipline bring?
- What is required for convictions to mature?
- What have you discovered that helps you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus?
- How has God disciplined you in the past?
- What did you learn from that?
- What’s the hardest thing you’re going through right now?
- How is God using this in your life, now and in your future?