FH Strong – Week 7
- In 30 seconds or less, answer this question: What does freedom mean to me?
- John 16:33
- First 3 Steps to be FH Strong
- Step 1: Choose Courage
- Step 2: Sharpen your Character
- Step 3: Rely on God’s Power
- Step 4: Focus your life on what really matters
- Step 5: Choose to live a life of Biblically-based freedom
- Step 6: Endure through hardships and adversity
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
- What motivates you to stay at it when things get hard?
- What strategies, practices or habits enable you to endure during difficulties?
- Of all your life experiences to date, which brought you the most discipline?
- Which exposed an area where you have little discipline?
Read aloud Hebrews 12:1-3
- What “three” actions in verses 1-2 are Christians commanded to do as they run the race?
- Of what practical help are the cloud of witnesses (a sample of which were described in chapter 11)
- Drawing from their example and your own experience, what does it mean to throw off sin and hindrances?
- To run with perseverance?
- To fix our eyes on Jesus?
- What does hardship demonstrate about a person’s relationship to God?
- What are two obstacles that hinder and entangle you in your race?
- How can your group encourage and hold you accountable?