The New Normal – Week 2
- Identify some situations in your life when God turned bad into good.
- How did God bless you?
- How did He bless others?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Genesis 39
- What was Joseph’s desire (v.9)?
- In what ways does the desire of your heart reflect Joseph’s?
- How do you apply/display Joseph’s core principle in your life?
- How did he apply/display his core principle (v.12)?
- What success came from Joseph’s trial?
- How might the trials of Joseph make it easier for you to share Jesus with non-believers in your life?
Joseph’s master’s wife took him by the clothes to get him to have sex with her. Verse 12 says he “left,” “fled,” and “ran.” God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can handle, so sometimes He wants us to simply use our feet and get away from sinful situations! It has been said that if you don’t stand in slippery places, you’re less likely to slip.
- What are your “slippery places”?
- How can you flee the next time you’re faced with those tempting situations?
- What purposes do you believe God has for your life?
- In what ways has He been molding and shaping your character to be more effective in His purposes?