The New Normal – Week 5
- Take 15 minutes to share about what God is doing in your life, share prayer requests and pray together.
Your attitude about change impacts the effect change has on you.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Take turns reading Genesis 42
- What was Jacob’s reason for not letting Benjamin go with his brothers?
- How is it that Joseph recognized his brothers, but they didn’t recognize him?
- What is Joseph’s purpose in being harsh with his brothers?
- Is Joseph primarily seeking revenge or is he testing his brothers?
- How do you see Joseph change throughout the story?
- What parallels do you see between Joseph and and the redemption in his family, and the redemption of the gospel of Jesus?
- How has learning about Joseph’s life of discouragement, testing, forgiveness and redemption equipped you better through this season?
- What is God redeeming in your life now?
- How can your group encourage you, hold you accountable and support you?