- When you are feeling low, what do you do to pick yourself up?
- Take 15 minutes to share about what God is doing in your life, share prayer requests and pray together.
Your life is essential in God’s plan, but not in the way you think.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Ephesians 1:3-14
- What is Paul’s tone in this passage?
- In your words, describe the “blessings in Christ” (v.3-9)
- List the activities and descriptions relating to the work of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit
- What does this show you about God?
- About His relationship with and goals for us?
- How does His initiative in choosing us (v.4) relate to our believing (v.13)?
- How do you know you have been “chosen” by God?
- Using these verses, how do define your purpose as a Christian?
- What motivates you to praise God and why?
- What are the benefits of God’s grace to you?
- What part of God’s plan most confuses you?
- Most encourages you?
- How does His grace make a difference in how you see yourself?
- What do you need to change in your lifestyle to live for the praise of His glory this week?