Essential – Week 1
- What was one of the best gifts you received as a child?
- What made it so special to you?
- Take 15 minutes to share about what God is doing in your life, share prayer requests and pray together.
Your life is essential in God’s plan, but not in the way you think.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Ephesians 2:1-22
- What does it mean to be “dead in sin”
- What caused this death?
- What has God done to fix the problem of sin?
- Why must He be the one to take the initiative?
- What comparisons does Paul make between Christ’s experience(1:20-23) and ours (v.5-7)?
- Which is more important, grace or works?
- Is faith a work or a gift?
- What problems faced the Gentiles before Jesus’ day?
- What benefits result from being “in Christ”?
- What bomb did Jesus drop on the religious class system of His day?
- What impact would it have had, if the Jews and Gentiles applied verses 14-18?
- What was the difference between Hitler’s idea of a supreme race and Paul’s idea of “one body”?
- How does Paul’s picture of a new citizenship, a new family, and a new temple point to the reconciling work of Christ?
- From verses 18 and 22, what can you learn about the work of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in your life?
- What relationship in your life still needs the wall of hostility knocked down? How will that happen?
- How can your group support you?