Essential – Week 3
- What was the most maddening thing your parents did when you were a child?
- Take 15 minutes to share about what God is doing in your life, share prayer requests and pray together.
Your life is essential in God’s plan, but not in the way you think.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Ephesians 5:21-33
- How does the relationship between Christ and the church help explain what Paul means by “submission”?
- How does that relationship help explain the role of the husband in marriage?
- To what expression of “headship” – Christ’s and the husband’s – is the wife asked to submit: The sacrificial kind? The bossy kind? Or both?
- Can a wife’s respect for her husband (5:33) be commanded? Or must it be earned?
- How does Paul’s teaching about marriage challenge common ideas today?
- Which affect you?
- What principles flowing from these passages can you work on to help you be a better spouse (or potential spouse)?
- How can your group hold you accountable?