Essential – Week 4
- What do you think is the ideal outcome for good parenting?
- Take 15 minutes to share about what God is doing in your life, share prayer requests and pray together.
Your life is essential in God’s plan, but not in the way you think.
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Ephesians 6: 1-4
- What does it mean to bring up children in the Lord without exasperating them?
- Give examples from your own experience.
- Why do you think Paul challenges Fathers in particular in verse 4?
- What happens when Father’s neglect their calling as Fathers?
- In what ways does parenting impact future generations and society as a whole?
- Pastor Doug says, “The primary goal of parenting children is to teach them a culture of honor and healthy respect for biblical authority.”
- Would you agree? Why or why not?
- Why does the word “obedience” have a negative connotation in society today?
- What is the cultural implication of that?
- Why does deconstructionism contribute to the breakdown of the family unit?
- Describe the Biblical concept of honor.
- In what practical ways can we hold fast to a Biblical concept of honor?
- What daily practices can you exercise?
- What is God calling you to in your parenting practices this week?
- If you do not have biological children, who could you be a positive role model to?
- How will you do it?
- What does it mean for you as an adult to honor your parents?
- How might this help improve your relationship with them?
How can your group hold you accountable?