Essential – Week 5
by Jake the Intern
Essential – Week 5
- Which of these 8 things the world is seeking resonates with you the most? (Happiness, Money, Freedom, Peace, Joy, Balance, Fulfillment or Confidence)
Discipleship is a pathway to the full, abundant life that God designed for his people.
- Ephesians 4:1-3 (AMP)
- So I, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to you to live a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called [that is, to live a life that exhibits godly character, moral courage, personal integrity, and mature behavior—a life that expresses gratitude to God for your salvation], 2 with all humility [forsaking self-righteousness], and gentleness [maintaining self-control], with patience, bearing with one another in [unselfish] love. 3 Make every effort to keep the oneness of the Spirit in the bond of peace [each individual working together to make the whole successful].
- What does the life God has called us to look like?
- Define godly character
- Define moral courage
- Define personal integrity
- Define mature behaviour
- What does a life of gratitude for your salvation look like?
- Do any of those things sound like living life by the bare minimum?
- In what areas of your life are you giving God the bare minimum or are you making every effort (vs 3)?
- John 10:10
- A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give life– life in all its fullness.
- Do you believe that Jesus alone can deliver the fullness of life?
- In what ways or areas has Jesus given you a fullness of life?
- Is Jesus a part of your decision making, parenting, marriage, work or day-to-day life?
- If not, what practical steps can you take to change that?
- In Mark 8:34-37 Jesus asks us to forsake our lives to follow him. He doesn’t just want part of us; he wants all of us. “For what does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul?”
- Take 10 minutes to pray for one another’s faith and for intentional, daily discipleship under the authority of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 3:16-19 is a great template.)
- What is God calling you to surrender to him?
- How will you do it? Who will hold you accountable?
- Pray for boldness and love to proclaim the Good News. People need to know that there is a source for a worthy life.