#blessed – Week 2
- If you had a second life to live in unselfish service to mankind, what would you like to do?
How to be #blessed even when you are stressed
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Philippians 1: 1-11
- What do you think was the problem with the church in Philippi?
- What are four motives for living in unity?
- How is uity related to humility?
- What is Paul saying we need to be like minded about?
- What are some examples of people doing things from selfish ambition or vain conceit?
- What examples do you see of people looking out for their own best interests?
- What examples do you have from your own life? How have you looked out for your own interest or done things from selfish ambition or vain conceit?
- What would it mean to think along the same lines as Christ in that regard?
- What do we share with the readers in Philippi?
- What do we share with Christ?
- What is different?
- Rate your baseline attitude with 1 being very negative about life and 10 being totally awesome about life. Be honest.
- If you are feeling courageous, ask the people in your family or group how they would rate your baseline attitude in life.
- In what area in your life can you take one step towards Jesus in order to raise your baseline attitude?
- If you threw a party for the people who shaped your life by their unselfish caring, who would you invite to your party?