#blessed – Week 3
- On a scale of 1 to 10 rate your baseline attitude of joy.
- What time of day are you most alive?
- Most grumpy?
- What gets you going when you are stalled?
How to be #blessed even when you are stressed
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Philippians 2:12-22
- What does Paul mean by “work out your (plural) salvation?”
- Is he talking about individually getting right with God?
- Or, collectively becoming whole and healthy?
- What difference does this distinction make?
- What part of salvation is up to God?
- What part is up to us?
- Which slogan best explains Paul’s statement in verses 12-13:
- “God helps those who help themselves”
- Or, “Let go and let God?”
- Do you consider “working out your salvation” a full-time job or more of a hobby?
- Why are complaining and arguing harmful?
- Share an example of how we as Christians can “shine like stars” in our current state of affairs.
- Share how negative experiences influence your mood and how that can influence your baseline attitude?
- Based on the list of things that negatively affect your baseline attitude, which one would you like to work on removing most?
- Share your greatest victory towards raising your baseline attitude.