#blessed – Week 6
- Where do you go, or what do you do, to get one hour’s reprieve from the day’s problems?
- What do you look back on as the happiest days of your life?
- Where these days free of hardship?
How to be #blessed even when you are stressed
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Philippians 4:1-23
- What attitudes enable people to cope successfully in difficult times?
- Of these attitudes and virtues endorsed by Paul, which are uniquely Christian?
- Which represent the best of first century pagan culture (and 20th century pop psychology)?
- In this matter of resolving conflicts, why does Paul point to himself as an example to follow?
- What kind of example is Paul?
- Where do you think Paul discovered the “secret” of contentment?
- How do you read Paul in this section: egotistical and independent? Dependent and grateful? Reliant on self, God or Others?
- On a scale of 1-10, what is the anxiety level in your life right now?
- What are some of the “excellent or praiseworthy” things that you can be thinking on this week?
- From what you have learned in our study of of Philippians and the #blessed series, what do you consider life changing?
- Take turns having one person in your group sit in silence while the others in the group share one thing in particular that they appreciate about that person’s contribution to the group.