Jesus is King – Week 1
- What do you think is the best way to let someone get to know what you are like?
This series is going to focus on Jesus, not just His birth, but the fact that He was a King. This is why His birth is celebrated – because Jesus is King.
- The real question is, He your King?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud John 1:1-5 and 14
- What point in time begins the gospel story?
- Why then and there?
- What identifies the “the Word”?
- How is Jesus God’s final word?
- What does it mean for the word to become flesh … full of grace and truth?
- In your own life, where have you allowed Jesus to make his “dwelling place” with you?
- Would you say you have kept Him at the door?
- Let Him into the living room?
- Or given Him the keys to the whole house?
- If this passage were the director’s script for a movie, what music and stage setting would help you narrate this text?
- How could this movie symbolize your own spiritual roots?