Jesus is King – Week 2
- As a kid, what “superhuman” character, on TV or in real life, did you look up to? Why?
This series is going to focus on Jesus, not just His birth, but the fact that He was a King. This is why His birth is celebrated – because Jesus is King.
- The real question, is He your King?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Colossians 1: 15-20
- What does “firstborn” mean in relation to “creation (v.15) and “the dead” (v. 18)?
- Given Christ’s supreme role in creation (vv. 15-17), what does that imply for the church (v.18)?
- For heavenly beings (v.20)
- For all earthly powers and authority (also 2:10)
- Regarding Christ’s reconciling work (vv.20-22), who benefits?
- How so?
- Toward what end?
- What does it mean to you knowing that it was Jesus, the Creator and Lord of all, who died on the cross for you? How have you begun to experience the peace with God he has won?
- What forces or people sometimes seem to be more powerful than Jesus?
- How do you respond to hearing that even these things are under Christ’s authority?
- Which do you have more difficulty with:
- Understanding how Christ is supreme?
- Or, yielding your life to His supremacy?
- What will you do about that this week?