Jesus is King – Week 3
- If you had a second life to live in unselfish service to mankind, what would you like to do?
This series is going to focus on Jesus, not just His birth, but the fact that He was a King. This is why His birth is celebrated – because Jesus is King.
- The real question, is He your King?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Philippians 2: 5-11
- Reading between the lines, what do you think was the problem with the church in Philippi?
- What are four motives for living in unity?
- How is this unity related to humility? To witness? To suffering?
- How can you consider a person “better than” yourself?
- How could Jesus Christ become a “man” and still be God?
- Was He acting?
- Did He have two part time jobs?
- Did He use a telephone booth to change roles?
- Do you even know what a telephone booth is?
- If He was fully God, how could He suffer “death” on the cross?
- In becoming human, which of the “divine attributes” (e.g., knowing everything, being everywhere) did Jesus give up?
- Which did He retain?
- What is the “therefore” (v.9) there for?
- What new actors, movements and results are signaled by this pivotal word?
- If you threw a party for those people who helped shape your life by their unselfish caring, who would you invite to your party?