7 Rules for Life – Week 3
- How do you know if a rule or a law is unjust?
Rule #1: Never forget your purpose
Rule #2: Don’t be conformed by the world
Rule #3: Seek out people who will tell you the truth
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Galatians 2: 11-21
Read aloud Acts 11:1-18
- In light of this experience, how do you account for Peter’s actions here when he comes to Antioch?
- How is the word “justified” commonly used today?
- How does Paul use the term, as compared with his opponents (vv. 15-16)?
- What is at stake here (see also Acts 13:38-39)?
- What’s happening in verses 17-20: Is “justification by faith” a legal fiction?
- An excuse to keep on sinning?
- Or a new reality that leads us away from sin? Why?
- In verse 21, how does Paul turn the tables on his rule keeping opponents?
- What Christian brother or sister have you clashed with recently?
- Over what personalities or issues?
- How did you resolve things?
- What difference would it make to you if Paul’s gospel was wrong, and you did have to earn your way to God by keeping with Jewish laws?
- How will this reflection impact your relationship with Jesus this week?