7 Rules for Life – Week 5
- On a scale of 1-10, rate how you feel about your life.
- Why do you rate it at this level?
- Do your reasons for rating it this way reflect justification through faith or trying to do it yourself?
- What are your most compulsive habits?
- How do you try to break them?
- Trying to do it ourselves results in being highly influenced by what happens to us, justification thru faith is about what Jesus has done for us.
- Based on this, does it change how you rated your life?
Rule #1: Never forget your purpose
Rule #2: Don’t be conformed by the world
Rule #3: Seek out people who will tell you the truth
Rule #4: Your life can only be justified by Jesus Christ
Rule# 5: Live for the Right Thing
- In light of this week’s sermon, what is new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read aloud Galatians 4: 1-31
- Prior to their conversion to Christ, the Galations followed the customs of honoring the Greek gods (Acts 14:11-13)
- How are they now doing the same with Jewish festivals (v.10)?
- What is the difference between celebrating religious holidays (Christmas or Easter) and what the Galations were doing?
- In 4:12-20 what are the difference in attitudes and goals between Paul (v. 9) and the other teachers (v.17)?
- Why is Paul so perplexed?
- Where has the “fizz” in your Christian life gone?
- Are you as joyful and zealous for Christ now as you were when you first came to him?
- Why or why not?
- Have you slipped back into any bad habits, from which Christ once delivered you?
- Which ones?
- What difference does knowing God – or rather being known by him – make?