Faith and Science – Week 2
- Last week we defined and disproved the conflict theory (God and science DO mix). This week Pastor Doug posed the question, “Why is conflict theory still propagated?”
- What do you think?
- How do we combat this?
Open to first 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
- This section defines Jesus and his death/resurrection as the ultimate wisdom.
- Why is it important to have Jesus define wisdom?
- What are the dangers of science without God?
- What are the dangers of religiosity without reason?
- Pastor Doug demonstrated on Sunday that science without God and “religious superstition” rely on “you.”
- How does science without God rely on you? Why does it fall short? What are the results?
- How does religious superstition rely on you? Why does it fall short? What are the results?
- What confidence can you draw from verse 25?
- Why is this so important to realize and submit to?
Read Romans 12:1-2
- Paul notes in this section that faith transforms both your actions and your thoughts.
- Can your actions be truly transformed without a renewing of your mind or vice versa?
- What does this look like for those who follow Jesus?
- What steps will you take this week to let Christ transform your actions and thoughts?
- Spend time as a group praying for specific institutions and people that propagate wisdom without God.
- Pray that the church wouldn’t rely on itself or religious superstition.
- Pray that God would transform your minds and actions.