What Would Jesus Say – Week 2
- Which kingdom do you focus more on: God’s or this earthly one?
Read: John 18:36, Philippians 3:20, 2 Peter 3:9-12
- What does it mean to be a citizen of heaven?
- How do you become one?
- How should your citizenship in heaven affect your life on earth?
- Do you eagerly await the time when Jesus returns?
- Why? Why not?
- Peter’s reminder is vivid. At any moment… Are you ready for that?
- Are your friends/family ready for that?
- Do you love people enough to tell them about the only citizenship that matters?
- 2 Peter 3:12 “You should look forward to that day and hurry it along.”
- What does that mean?
- Are you doing it?
Read Matthew 22:17-21, Acts 5:28-29, 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- What do these verses tell us about the role of governments and authorities in our lives?
- What do these verses tell us about our role in the lives of authorities?
- What do these verses tell us about God’s role in governments and authorities?
- How often do we fulfill our roles?
- Are your lives more of an encouragement or a hinderance to authorities?
- Commit to pray
- Pray for obedience and lives that reflect a submission to God’s sovereignty and design.
- Pray for the leaders and the authorities.
- Pray that HIS Kingdom come and HIS will be done.