Fight Club – Week 1
- What evidence do you see in your life or in the world of a spiritual battle?
- Are you fighting in it? How?
Read: Ephesians 6:10-18, Isaiah 59:15-21
Whether or not we are prepared for it or recognize it, this world is a battleground. Two profound comforts in these scriptures are that God has equipped us to fight the good fight, and he himself fights on our behalf. The passage in Isaiah ends with a prophecy about the coming of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Jesus died to win the battle for us, and the Holy Spirit enables us to fight and win, as well. We need to apply these benefits to our lives, so let’s take a look at the armor/weapons God has given us.
- Belt of Truth
- What are the biblical truths that define who we are as believers?
- Why are these so important to remember every day?
- How does remembering them impact the way we see ourselves and others?
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- What does it mean to be righteous?
- How are we made righteous?
- Can we be righteous on our own? NO (How does this impact our daily life?)
- Shoes of the Gospel of Peace
- What is the Gospel of Peace? (We were given peace with God through Jesus)
- Why are we at war?
- What are we fighting for?
- How can you have peace in the midst of a war?
- Shield of Faith
- How does faith help us resist temptation?
- Is your faith strong enough to extinguish the flaming arrows?
- Helmet of Salvation
- What is salvation?
- What are we being saved from?
- Are you sure of your salvation? How can you be sure?
- How does confidence in salvation affect the way we live?
- Sword of the Spirit (Word of God)
- Why are the Spirit and the Word of God the same in this passage?
- How does the Spirit or Word of God affect our daily lives?
- Are you actively being shaped by God’s Word and the Spirit?
- Why is prayer in our spiritual arsenal?
- Is your prayer effective? Why or why not?
- Do you pray for God’s will or your own? What do you pray for?
- Commit this week to establish a pattern of spiritual discipline. Equip yourself mentally and spiritually every day to go out and fight the good fight. Faith is about intentionality. We have to choose to define our lives through biblical principles, not our own.
- Pray for the Lord to give you the strength and wisdom to fight.