- Do you have a process for decision making?
- If so, what is it?
Our relationship with God should impact every part of our life and every decision. He is the standard for truth and for our lives. Ultimately, the question to ask yourself when making a decision is: will this action draw me closer to God or take me further away from him. Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you. (James 4:8)
Read Matthew 6:31-33
- Why is it important to seek God’s Kingdom and His righteousness before everything else?
- What are God’s Kingdom and righteousness?
- How do we pursue it?
- What happens when we don’t?
- What are some things that we pursue tend to pursue instead of God?
- How can you be more intentional in resisting those temptations?
Here are a few passages to keep in mind as you pursue God’s Kingdom and His righteousness.
Read 2 Timothy 2:22-23
- How does faith change the way we act?
- What we value?
- Whom we surround ourselves with?
- The way we speak?
- Has your faith changed these things in your life?
- Or do you need to do more changing?
Read Galatians 5:22-23
Through Paul, Scripture seems to give us a fairly comprehensive list of what the Holy Spirit produces in our lives when we seek God. Jesus is our ultimate standard, but this passage can serve as a powerful barometer for our faith.
- Are your life and pursuits producing the fruit of the Spirit, or something else?
- What does this say about you?
- How can your life be more fruitful for God’s Kingdom?
Lastly, it’s important to pray into our lives. If you’re anything like the rest of us, sometimes you just feel like you have no idea what to do. You have no idea what to say or how to say it. There is a great confidence in knowing our God and Father. There is a great confidence in knowing that he won’t make the wrong decision. So, let’s ask.
Read James 1:5-8
- Do you want to know what God wants you to do?
- Are you willing to listen to what he has to say?
- Do you believe he will answer?
- Are you confident in Almighty God?
- Commit to aligning your will to God’s. (Are you willing to do that?)
- Pray for God to reveal his wisdom and purpose to you.