- Have you been motivated through this series to “get up and go?”
- If so, share some of the ways God has been convicting you or using you for His Kingdom.
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
Then read Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12, Luke 9:18 and 28.
- How does Jesus set an example of “praying unceasingly?”
We are reminded through these passages that prayer isn’t a checklist or ritual. Prayer is a way of life. Jesus thought about God all the time. He was intentional with the way he spent his days and the things he spoke. He did all he did to glorify God. Jesus was in constant communication with God, seeking His will and direction. His life was full of prayer.
- Do you have this level of intentionality with your faith and prayer?
- Where are some areas in your life that you’ve quarantined God? (into or out of)
- What are some practical steps you can take to have a more prayerful life?
The sermon also reminded us though that quality is just as important as quantity. Prayers before bed, before meals, at red lights, and during commercial breaks might add up to a solid count, but are those prayers always meaningful?
Read Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
- What does this passage teach us about ourselves?
- What does this passage teach us about God?
- What does this passage teach us about prayer?
- What are some practical takeaways to strengthen the quality of your prayer time?
Prayer is a great indicator for our relationship with Jesus. If we have 2 or 3 casual conversations with Him a day, how close are we to Him? If we never ask, how are we supposed to know what we’re supposed to be doing? Are you pursuing Jesus… or being lazy and selfish with your time?
If we want to pursue Jesus, we need to take some steps to progress. Zac Peake gave three suggestions:
- Pray out loud with others.
- How can this strengthen your prayer life?
- Set a few random alarms throughout the day to remind you to pray.
- How can you use this application and avoid it becoming a ritual?
- Join a prayer group.
- Why is intercession (praying for others) important for our faith?
- How is it reflective of Christ?
- Meditate on God, his nature and sacrifice.
- Spend some quality time in prayer seeking God’s direction for your life.
- Pray intentionally for someone else’s relationship with Jesus.