- What do you think of the idea that you are created specially by God?
- Have you united with Christ in any way? How did you do this, and how did it change you?
- What is the best medicine for you when you get down in the dumps?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read Ephesians 1:3-14
- What would you say is Paul’s tone in this passage?
- In your own words, how would you describe the “blessings in Christ” mentioned in verses 3-9
- How do they relate to praising God?
- From verses 3-14, list the activities and descriptive words relating to the work of the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
- What does this show you about God?
- About His relationship with us?
- His goals for us?
- How does his initiative in choosing us relate to our believing?
- How do you know if you are chosen, or adopted, or predestined?
- What phrases from this section could you use to define your purpose as a Christian?
- From this passage, what motivates you to praise God most?
- What are some of the greatest benefits of God’s grace to you?
- How does the reality of His grace make a difference in the way you see yourself?
- What part of God’s plan most confuses you?
- Most encourages you?
- What do you need to change in your lifestyle to live for the praise of his glory this week?