- What do you remember most about Thanksgiving Day when you were a child?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read Ephesians 1:15-23
- What did Paul pray for the Ephesians?
- What motivated his prayers?
- People for whom such prayers are answered – what do they look like?
- What do they sound like?
- How are each of these resources (faith, love, spiritual awareness, hope, riches, power) illustrated and applied here in Paul’s prayer?
- Specifically, how is the fullness of Christ (v.23) related to the fulfillment of God’s purpose for the church (vv.12,22)?
- How would you describe Jesus from this passage?
- How is his position related to our hope and power (v.18)?
- How would you expect to change if your small group prayed verses 17-19 into your life?
- In light of the power available to Christians (v.19) what is your favorite excuse for “operating on one or two cylinders”?
- Why not all four or eight?
- What direction could you go in order to know Jesus on a more personal level this week?