- What’s the longest time you’ve ever gone without eating? What do you remember about that? What is the first thing you ate when you ended your “fast”?
- What’s one of your favorite all-time foods? How often do you eat it?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read Luke 4:1-2, 13
- Under what circumstances is Jesus tempted?
- after a spiritual high?
- At a weak moment?
- Apart from God?
- What method did Jesus use to rebuke the devil?
- The devil does not reappear until 22:3 – What do you make of that?
Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Since the Bible is so important to Christian living what are you doing to build it into your life?
Read Hebrews 4: 12-13
- What is the “Word of God”?
- Spoken by whom?
- Described how?
- With what impact?
- What does it mean that God’s Word is Living?
- That it penetrates?
5. How has the author used the “Word of God” thus far?
- When, if ever, have you experienced a spiritual high and been hit with a spiritual low, temptation, or depression?
- What evidence do you have that the Word of God is living and active today? How do you react to this view of the Word of God:
- encouraged, frightened, or sobered?
- Give examples of how the Bible has protected you, grown you, and/or heal you?