- Growing up, what parenting lessons did you learn from your family of origin?
- What was the most maddening thing your parents did when you were a child?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read Deuteronomy 6:1-9 and Ephesians 6:1-9
- How have you experienced or witnessed parents “impressing the word of God” on their children?
- Share your examples.
- What fruit came from these examples?
- What does it mean to bring up children in the Lord without exasperating them?
- Give examples from your own experience.
- How is Christ central to Pauls’ teaching and Pastor Harvey’s sermon about parenting?
- How do these ideas challenge common parenting ideas today?
- How do these verses encourage you to become the parent (or grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc.) Jesus is calling you to be?
- What do these verses mean for you as an adult to honor your parents?
- How might this improve your relationships with them?
Review Pastor Harvey’s Handout HERE
- What thoughts or insights can you share?
- What principles can you work on to help you be a better parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or role model to a young person in your life?
- If you are a parent, which of these main points resonates with you the most and why?
- How will you apply these teachings to your parenting this week?