A study of the book of James
- What role has community played in the growth of your faith?
- What personal discipline do you deploy when you need a reset?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Throughout the sermon series, we encourage you to read through the book of James a few times.
The book of James addresses many life applications for the Christian believer. James is a book about Christian ethics. It is a manual for how the Christian faith is to be lived on a day-by-day basis.
- In your own words, describe the relationship between faith and works.
- If works are the outward expression of your faith, what actions do you show that express your inward faith?
Read the following passages:
- James 1:27
- James 2:15-16
- James 3:18
- James 5: 14
- James 5:19-20
- Taking into account these verses, what role would you say community plays in the growth of your faith?
- How has the pandemic affected you and your family?
- What do you hope to get from this study that will help you get back on track?
- Download and complete the Spiritual Growth Assessment.
- In order to develop a spiritual growth plan, you must first discover where you are.
- Bring to your next group and discuss.