A study of the book of James
- Over what and with whom did you quarrel most when you were a kid?
- In light of this week’s sermon, what was new information, challenged, or stood out to you?
Read James 4:1-17
- From what does this strife come:
- From persecution?
- Private pleasures?
- Misguided prayer?
- Frustrated desire?
- How accurate is James’ diagnosis?
- How is James’ tenfold prescription an effective antidote?
- What is meant by?
- “Adulterous people?”
- “Friendship with the world?”
- “Submission to God?”
- Is such total submission or repentance toward God essential for all Christians or only some?
- Why not?
- How then shall we “judge”?
- What is your usual response when your desires are frustrated?
- Where does that get you?
- How have you been double minded?
- When you pray, do you find yourself telling, asking, or praising God?
- Have you taken the cure prescribed by James?
- How can your group hold you accountable this week?
- Complete Step 4 of the Spiritual Growth Plan