1. Being a sinner doesn't disqualify you from following Jesus, it'a actually a prerequisite.
2. Being an unbeliever doesn't disqualify you from following Jesus.
Religion states: Change first, then you can join us.
Jesus states: Join us, then you will change.
Am I following: not ahead of anybody or behind, not arrived but purely am I following?
- Read aloud Matthew 4:18-22
- Then, read aloud Luke 5:1-11
- Discuss as a group the differences of the same account.
- Do you think Peter had any idea the impact of his decision? Explain.
- What was new or surprising information to you from the sermon or the text?
- What about our culture keeps us from being inconvenienced? Do you think this applies to faith as well?
- If you were Peter, do you think you would have let down your nets again? Why or why not?
Regarding the four phases of Following, outlined by Pastor David, which do you identify with and what next step are you being called to:
1. Sit and listen - Just come back next week
2. Loan Him the boat - It’s time to go through fast track or join a small group
3. Take Him fishing - That one thing you know God wants you to deal with
4. Leave your nets - Maybe its time to quite messing around and hand it all over