We believe the Church…
- belongs to Christ. (Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 1:10, Ephesians 1:22, Ephesians 4:15)
- exists for His Mission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- is a people-driven community. (Ephesians 4:12)
- is a group of believers who should be active.
We believe there is one God in three…
- God the Father, whose is the beginning and the end. The First Cause and Creator of all that is. He is love, holy, just, and complete.
- Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son (John 3:16). He gave His life as a sacrifice for our sins and it is through Him only that we are redeemed.
- The Holy Spirit is alive and moving today. He was sent by Christ and is the Great Comforter, gives us guidance and convicts the world of its sin. He is the presence of God in every child of His.
We believe every person is designed by God to be connected to Him through Jesus Christ…
Being connected to God is called salvation in the Bible. It means to be changed (redeemed) in a way so you and God can relate. God makes this possible through an act of grace (Ephesians 2:8-9). We believe the Bible is clear when it says salvation is found in no one else other than Jesus Christ (John 14:6, Acts 4:12). One cannot enter the kingdom of God without being born again (John 3:1-17), having a new life (2 Cor. 5:17). This happens when we completely identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:1-4).
The important elements are...
Faith (Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:8-9)
Belief (Romans 10:9-10)
Repentance (Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19)
Confession (Romans 10:9-10)
Baptism (Acts 2:38)
We practice and observe…
- baptism by immersion. We do not baptize children, but wait for the age of accountability.
- the Lord’s Supper (communion) each week. Communion is open to all who believe and follow Jesus Christ.
We believe the Bible…
- is inspired by God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- is living and active. (Hebrews 4:12-13)
- is authentic in all of its claims.
- is complete.
We hold fast to the 66 books of the Bible represented in the Old (39) and New (27) Testaments.
Dr. Douglas Peake - Lead Pastor
Pastor Harvey Friesen
Steve Botsford - Youth Pastor
Dayna Mitchell - Director of Adult Ministries
Kate Wilson - Director of Children's Ministry
Jerry Lyle - Chairman
Pat Duffel - Vice Chairman
Larry McGhee - Secretary
Dr. Douglas Peake